16 March, 2010

It's official

My 2010 Census has been signed, sealed (with spiderman stickers) and delivered.  I was a bit intimidated when I opened the envelope and saw such a lengthy form, only to discover I was finished 30 seconds later.  The majority of the pages allow you to list other members of the household (or mobile home), which I assume will mostly benefit 19 Kids and Counting...

Tonight I attended my Precinct Caucus; I was the only person to represent Precinct 602.  Tomorrow I will ask my landlord for the names of the other brilliant tenants and round up the troops!  (think of all the wine nights!)  Also at my table were members of Precinct 603,  who live just two blocks over.  Living in the heart of Capitol Hill, a bit hippy and a lotta liberal, I've always wondered what my fellow Republican neighbors look like.  I exchanged business cards with a realtor and made friends with a retired grandma.  And the sharp dressed man from Pakistan sitting 3 chairs down reaffirmed my belief that yes, we do indeed have brains, brawn and beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment