31 January, 2010

In the kitchen

Yesterday, the mailman delivered 3 goodies: my new book, Super Natural Cooking, a copy of 5280 and a box of super chic business cards.  The book is gorgeous and filled with interesting stories, beautiful photographs and well written recipes that are easy to interpret.  And with no time to waste, I picked my first recipe to tackle: Sprouted Garbanzo Burgers.  The name is a bit misleading; these don't actually replace the typical hamburger bun, but more of a bun you can stuff with sliced Roma tomatoes, sprouts, avocado slices and whatever else suits your fancy.  My first attempt turned out surprisingly well, each patty cooked to a perfect golden brown, a bit crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  I made mine bite size, sliced through the center and topped with sprouts, tomato and onion.  But I did make one cooking faux pas: I didn't accurately measure my pinches of salt; next time I want a sweeter ending..


No comments:

Post a Comment