28 February, 2010

XXI

After months of anticipation and excitement preparing for Vancouver 2010, Suz and I came, we saw, and we conquered.  And now, I bid my Olympic experience adieu.  An amazing week at The Games indeed.

These Canucks were more than happy to pose with the American gal.  I suppose it's because Team USA had recently gotten the "W" in their house; trash talk would've been risky.  Plus, the guy to my left admitted he was actually an American.

Upon our arrival, Suz and I hopped on an aquabus to Granville Island to peruse the public market.  I was in foodie heaven: fresh fish, plump grapes, boxes of blueberries, hot sauce, chicken potpies, fresh flowers.  Suz opted for an "absurdly good" salmon burger; I enjoyed salmon risotto soup and a curry chickpea roll.  Note to self: next time I will eat, drink and be merry at the market for more than just a quick bite.

  


The Vancouver 2010 emblem, the Ilanaaq, which means "friend".  Sales from the official Vancouver 2010 Red Mittens support Canadian athletes.   I missed out on the adult mittens, but I did stock up on kiddie sizes for my little lovelies. 

Canada's premier department store, Holt Renfrew, glammed up the bobsled in a window display.  Perhaps a look for the 2014 Sochi Games...

Our digs.  We stayed with a charming older gal, Margaret.  It was B&B style and each morning she treated us to gourmet breakfasts: blueberry pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, egg strata, fresh squeezed OJ, hot tea, muffins and oatmeal cookies ta boot.  Add to that copies of The Vancouver Sun, rainy weather and french press coffee, our AMs were simply divine.

Tomato and Spinach Strata with Asiago


No comments:

Post a Comment