15 February, 2010

Shopgirl... sorta

Shopping malls make me panic.  Today was no exception as I did a mental pep talk before I found my way to Cherry Creek.  Crowds.  Yuck.  Pretentious salespeople selling Coach bags and Burberry scarfs.  Shiny Denver housewives in Ralph Lauren sportswear, dripping in jewels.  The thought makes me shudder.  The experience intimidates me.  Perhaps I do feel somewhat inadequate because I don't buy $600 Stella tees or those ever popular name brand handbags (I wouldn't even buy a fake one).  I prefer subtle and nondescript...  But, of course, if I had the cash for a killer wardrobe, I'd probably relish in a new pair of Michael Kors aviators or fancy boyfriend jeans.  Today I was happy with my goodies from American Eagle, (crazy, I know!) including a lovely little 9 dollar denim shirt.  Fortunately I've been told that I look like a million bucks...

Today, two police cars pulled up in front of my apartment building and the officers attempted to get into the front door.  I suddenly became very nervous as if they were coming after me and confirmed that I did not have any outstanding traffic tickets, warrants or the like.  But still, I almost felt guilty.  Then I remembered that I didn't pay my tab for that Mimosa at El Camino yesterday... 

Happy President's Day!  I bet Obama threw himself a swanky party to celebrate his first year of      ...

PS: The killer dress at Anthropologie that I've been eyeing since I first saw it was marked down to $49 from $188.  And I left it on the rack.  Luckily it was two sizes too big, but nothing a few stitches couldn't fix.  Dang.  And it'd be perfect with my boots.  Double dang.  

No comments:

Post a Comment