13 June, 2010

God save the queen

The mailman delivered two goodies this weekend: a letter from the IRS (I think it will bring good news, like I overpaid the fed!) and the July issue of Food & Wine magazine.  Which means I'll have a few decadent recipes and bottles of wine to try if the IRS decides to haul me away instead.

An uncomfortable conversation overheard at today's Churchill Cup rugby match between USA Rugby and the England Saxons:
"I just got a divorce and moved in with my mom."  A few sentences later: "Now I hook up with a bunch of Hooters chicks.  Mike is trying to save me, but I'd rather have *** and sleep than go to church."
Oye!
 And because I'm sure you're wondering, yes, rugby legs are quite nice, more so on those European boys.  My personal fave wore jersey #5, George Skivington.  The team captain, of course...


Vegetarian Spring Rolls & PEI Mussels @ Coral Room
3489 W 32nd Ave
Denver, CO

A comfortable counter for chit chat and half price wine and apps during happy hour, 4P-630P daily!  The barkeep even topped off Lisa's glass so I wasn't drinking alone.
But the decor was an odd combination of country chic and mod romantic...



No comments:

Post a Comment