27 September, 2010

Another million dollar question

So apparently there is no rhyme or reason when it comes to dating...

School of thought #1: If he likes you, he'll ask you out.  Period.  Otherwise, he's just not that into you.

School of thought #2: If he thinks you're the bees knees, adores your face, your smile, but he's intimidated/wimpy/nervous/shy/timid, forget it, he won't ask you out.  Period.  Until you (the female) do the dirty work (and the man's job; I don't care if it's 2010) and make the first move.   

Yesterday a very reputable male source told me #2 was most accurate.  And today another trusted advisor agreed with scenario #1.  (As do I.)

There needs to be a universal standard all men can agree to act on.  I have a (short) history of attempting to claim my man; I've never been successful.  Which leads me to believe that guys are smarter then we give them credit for; if boy thinks girl is worth a damn, she'll know it.  And not 9 months later.  Unless he's the exception to #2 and still practicing in front of the mirror how to do it. 

To be continued... but sooner than later; this might be a #1 explanation after all...


And when #1 rings true?  We eat!  


1 comment:

  1. I re-joined singlehood about a year ago. This time around has been simple. Be direct and honest. Not that I wasn't before, but maybe it's my confidence that has changed. What is there to be afraid of? If a guy is too wimpy to tell you how he feels, then he probably doesn't deserve your attention anyway. Maybe it's also cuz I'm old (43) and don't play into drama. I think everybody appreciates a direct approach.

    I don't even need mouth watering tacos to motivate me, but that sure would be icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete